Summer is approaching the season for tans and bikinis and although those things are only seasonal, having a firm and lifted back side is not.
Your Glutes are some of the biggest muscles in your body so strengthening those muscles not only does it make your butt look good in those jeans it can also help reduce hip and knee pain, protect your back from injury and help improve your posture while increasing your athletic performance.
Do all these exercises in 1 session in order to maximize results, 8-10 reps each exercise. The more you do these exercises the stronger your muscles will be and the more accustomed your body will be, so as you continue increase the amount of reps as you see fit.
- Stand tall with your feet hip distance apart. Your hips, knees, and toes should all be facing forward.
- Bend your knees and extend your buttocks backward as if you are going to sit back into a chair. Make sure that you keep your knees behind your toes and your weight in your heels. Rise back up and repeat.
1. Start with your legs slightly wider than shoulder distance apart and arms at the sides.
2. Bring one leg behind at a slight angle into a reverse lunge. The front knee will come to a 90-degree angle.
3. Swing the arms in front of that bent knee and leap the back leg forward to switch sides in a skating motion. Arms alternate as you switch sides like a speed skater.
3. Jump Squats
- Start standing with your feet hip distance apart and lower into a squat position by bending your knees. Keep the spine straight, chest lifted, and knees behind toes. Arms are in front of the chest for balance.
- Jump straight up and swing arms overhead. Return to squat.
4. Resistance band butt blaster
For this exercise a resistance band is recommended for maximum results but if you do not have one it is ok, just make sure to increase the reps to compensate for the fact.
- Kneel on the floor and wrap the band under your right foot, and place your hands down under your shoulders holding the handles against the floor.
- Lift your right knee off the floor slightly and push your right foot back to extend leg straight against the band, squeezing your glute.
- Release slowly bringing the knee back into a bent position. Continue for desired reps and switch feet.
- Lie on your back with knees bent hip distance apart, and feet flat on the mat stacked under your knees.
- Engage the core and squeeze your glutes as you lift your hips to a bridge. Hold, squeezing tight and return to mat with control.
6. Plié Squats
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder distance apart and toes turned out into a 45 degree angle.
- Bend your knees and lower your torso, keeping your back straight and abs tight.
- Squeeze your glutes and come to standing position.
7. Cross Behind Lunges
- Begin standing with your feet hip distance apart.
- Transfer your body weight onto your left leg and cross your right foot behind your left leg keeping your hips facing forward as you bend both knees and lower yourself toward the floor in a lunge. Keep your back straight and chest lifted to keep your weight in the front leg. Step back to start position and repeat on the other side.